Hello, crafty bee-lovers! So, you’ve harvested honey, marveled at beeswax, and maybe even dabbled in propolis potions. Ready to roll up your sleeves and get crafty? Dive into these DIY beehive projects that’ll have you buzzing with excitement and making the most of your hive’s treasures!
Simple Beeswax Candles
Light up your evenings with the soft glow of homemade candles from the beehive.
- Ingredients: Beeswax pellets (or grated beeswax) and wick.
- Method: Melt the beeswax in a double boiler. While melting, position your wick in the center of a mold or jar. Pour the melted wax, let it cool, and voilà!
Soothing Lip Balm from the Beehive
Keep those lips soft and kissable with a balm that’s all-natural and from the beehive.
- Ingredients: 2 tbsp beeswax, 2 tbsp coconut oil, 1 tbsp shea butter, and a few drops of essential oil (like peppermint or lavender).
- Method: Melt the ingredients in a double boiler. Once liquid, add your essential oil. Pour into small containers and let cool.
Propolis Tincture DIY beehive
Harness the potential benefits of propolis in a handy dropper.
- Ingredients: Propolis chunks and vodka.
- Method: Fill a jar a third of the way with propolis, then cover with vodka. Seal and let sit for about two weeks, shaking daily. Strain and store in dropper bottles.
Royal Jelly Face Cream
Gift your skin with a touch of royalty from the queen’s beehive.
- Ingredients: 1 tbsp royal jelly, 1/4 cup beeswax, 1/2 cup almond oil, and 1/4 cup rose water.
- Method: Melt beeswax and almond oil together. Once cool but still liquid, whisk in the royal jelly and rose water. Transfer to jars and let set.
Bee Pollen Smoothie Bowl
Kickstart your mornings with a burst of nutrients from the beehive.
- Ingredients: 1 banana, a handful of berries, 1/2 cup yogurt, a splash of almond milk, and 1 tbsp bee pollen.
- Method: Blend everything except the bee pollen until smooth. Pour into a bowl and sprinkle bee pollen on top.
Crafty Beeswax Wraps
Ditch the plastic and wrap your foods eco-friendly style! DIY from the beehive!
- Ingredients: 100% cotton fabric, beeswax pellets, pine resin, and jojoba oil.
- Method: Preheat oven to 225°F (105°C). Place the fabric on a baking sheet, and sprinkle with beeswax pellets, a bit of pine resin, and a few drops of jojoba oil. Pop in the oven for 5 minutes or until the beeswax melts. Spread the mixture evenly with a brush and lift the fabric to let cool.
As you can see, the treasures from your hive go a long way in the DIY world. Whether you’re pampering yourself, illuminating your home, or going green in the kitchen, there’s a bee-inspired project waiting for you.
Happy crafting and see you next time with more bee-autiful adventures. Read more about bees the unsung treasures of a beehive here.