Summer is upon us, and it’s the perfect time to reconnect with our loved ones. As we gather in backyards, make yours the go-to spot for entertainment and laughter. Here are some Backyard Game Ideas: Transform your space into an outdoor game room!
Here are some DIY projects and ideas to inspire.
- Horseshoe Pit: An old-time favorite, create your own horseshoe pit. Don’t forget your chilled beverage of choice as you play! Here are some instructions on how to build one from HGTV.
- Ladder Golf Game: A game with a modern twist, where points are earned by aiming at a ladder structure. Try this affordable DIY version from Momtastic.
- Bowling: Add some fun with a backyard bowling alley. Here’s a guide so you can make one from Makezine.
- Yardzee: Ever played Yahtzee in your garden? Here’s how to do it, courtesy of DIY Montreal and Remodelaholic.
- Connect Four: A strategy game that’s enjoyable for all. Set it up with this tutorial.
- Giant Jenga: Test your balancing skills with this oversized classic. DIY Pete provides an easy guide so you can make a set of your own.
- Bocce Ball Court: Play the traditional Italian game right in your own backyard, no need to travel. Check out this guide by Jason Eaton.
- Corn Hole: A game of skill and precision. Here’s a tutorial to build your own set.
- Pipe Ball: A challenging game blending various traditional games. Here’s the full tutorial on how to build and play the game by This Old House.
- Zip Line: For the thrill-seekers in your life! Set up your zip line and watch it become the favorite of the neighborhood.
For the young (and young at heart):
- Ring Toss: A fun game by Sara at MomEndeavors.
- Tetherball: Make this one using an upcycled tire and a metal pole.
- Tic Tac Toe: A game for all ages! Here’s the DIY version for you.
- Yard Scrabble: Bring wordplay outdoors! Find the full tutorial at Yard Crafts.
- Dominoes: A game that traces its origins to Ancient China. Here’s a guide so you can make your own set.
Transform your backyard into an intimate recreation space this summer. And have some fun!